How to correct date of birth in sslc book

Here explains how to correct date of birth in sslc book in kerala. 1st of all we have to download the form from pareeksha bhavan website (link given below).We need original birth certificate to prove the original date of birth. We have to pay rupees 500/- as a charge for the correction of date of birth. The fee should be payed to the head of account “0202-01-102-92″. To pay the fees you have to got to nearby treasury. Their you found the chellan from. Then get the number from the treasury. Then got to Bank ( state bank) and pay the amount.

Next thing we require is the covering letter from the principal/ headmaster of the school.  He also need to fill some portion of the form and needed to sign in the form.

sslc book correction

The above shown box should be filled  by head of the school that you have studied. Also the declaration followed by this table should be signed by the head master.

The name should be same in the birth certificate and the sslc book. If not ,either you have to correct the birth certificate or you have to fill the form in the end of the application. That is the “IDENTIFICATION CERTIFICATE FROM VILLAGE OFFICER/THAHSILDAR”. If the name in the both certificate are same then the form need not be filled.

Documents to be produced

1. Completely filled application form.
  2. Covering letter from principal/headmaster
  3. Original of birth certificate
  4. 3 attested copies of the  birth certificates
  5. Original certificate to be corrected (here it is sslc certificate).
  6. Original of chellan.

If the birth certificate having date in malayalam month, then you have to include Conversion Certificates from the State/Dist. Librarian, State Central/Dist. Public Library.

The applicant should attach a cover (size 32 cm x 25cm ) affixing stamp worth of Rs. 42/- with the complete postal address of the applicant. Two covers (size 24cm x 9cm) affixing stamp worth Rs. 27/- each should be also submitted. One of these covers shall be addressed the Authority who had issued the Birth Certificate and the other to the ‘The Joint Commissioner, Office of the Commissioner for Govt. Examinations, Pareeksha Bhavan, Poojappura, Thiruvananthapuram – 12’by the applicant himself. If you forget to buy the cover and stamps then you can pay for it in the pareekshabhavan.

Links

Form

The above post about how to correct date of birth in sslc book is strictly based on my personal experience. Enjoy browsing :)

Like!

Filed Under: Inforamtion

Tags: , ,

About the Author

Nothing more nothing less!!!!

Comments (29)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. Sajit Bhaskaran says:

Hello,
    The information provided by you is very useful. Could you please let me know how much time it took for getting the corrected SSLC book.

Regards,
    Sajit.

2. josna says:

thanx to ur valuable information.the fee information only for the general or all other categories(like sc, st students)?

3. sanal says:

hai am sanal my mother name corection in sslc certificate i have change

4. Ep says:

Hi,

Thanks for the information. There is a provision of correcting the DOB via online form. Anybody changed that way or aware of that. Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

5. Ramesh says:

pls inform ur telephone number so that I can talk to you more about this matter.pls treat this as an important message–Ramesh

6. Ep says:

Hi,

Nidheesh / Mobile: 0 8867121242

7. Devina Vinod says:

thanks for ur valuable information

8. Lofa says:

Latest application and important things to remember before sending the application:

9. Raj says:

Is it possible to get the DOB corrected SSLC certificate with in one day, if we go directly to pareekshabhavan with all the required documents?

I have sent all details to correct DOB in SSLC certificate 1 month before, Is it possible to get the corrected SSLC certificate if i go directly to pareekshabhavan now.?
    Plzzz reply.. its urgent

10. Ram says:

Hi Kiran,

I have sent the application one and half months before. I didn’t get any message to my cell. How can I get the file number? Is there any contact number available to contact?

Looking forward to hear from u. Thanks in advance!!

11. saji solomen says:

Where do we send the documents , is to the pareekshabhavan or to school?

12. sebimohan says:

The documents need to be reached at the pareeksha bhavan through school. But it happens theoretically only. You are placing a covering letter from the Headmaster of the school from where you studied 10 th. So you need to send that to the pareeksha bhavan. There is another way, if you are near to Trivandrum, you can give it by hand so that you will get a slip directly. I got my DOB corrected by 1 month

13. Anandu says:

Is there any method to check my DOB corrected SSLC certificate status ?

14. shaneesh says:

my date of birth & name problem pls help

15. muhammad says:

Dear how could you
    please give me details

16. adarsh says:

sir, my sslc book sent 50days on postel for correpton of dob and house name .sslc book is not return pls… how many days to return my sslc book ….by
    adarsh.p

17. Rajeeb says:

Sir
    I would like to change my name. which includes in certificates like SSLC book, plus two mark list, pancard, adhar card, degree certicate,passport, voter card. Do you know any agencies or firms which will do this work by charging a nominal fee. please let me know. it would be of great help.

There's Power in the Web! $5.99 .Com at GoDaddy.com